Hollywood has the buzz on beauty and it's honey. From skin care to hair care, some of the world's most notorious beauties used honey. Cleopatra, ritualistically bathed in milk and honey and Queen Anne of England kept her legendary mane lustrous and strong with a mixture of honey and oils. Today, several Hollywood trendsetters use honey as part of their regular beauty treatments. THE BEAUTY OF HONEY Why honey? Honey is nature's moisturizer. It is a humectant, which means it helps to attract and retain moisture. Honey also acts as an anti-irritant, making it suitable for sensitive skin. Many of today's manufactured beauty products, such as creams, cleansers and shampoos use honey. It doesn't take a celebrity-sized salary to get glowing skin. Save money and create spa-like, honey-based beauty products at home. Because honey contains naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins and minerals, 100 percent pure honey is best for skin. Be sure to look at the label to ensure your honey is all natural.
Try some of the following honey beauty tips below. Please be sure not to use honey on your skin if you are allergic to it!
1. Honey mask: Apply pure honey to your face and allow it to set until dry. This will take about 15 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with warm water.
2. Body glow bath: To moisturize, smooth, and get an all over body glow, keep a jar of honey next to your bath. Apply honey on your skin and pat dry using both hands. While patting your skin, the honey will get sticky and gently pull up your skin. Rinse away the honey when you are done. The results will be great circulation and beautiful, glowing skin!
3. Honey bath: For sweet smelling and soft skin, add ¼ to ½ cup of honey to your bath water.
4. Honey scrub: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little almond flour into the palm of your hand. Gently apply on your face for a facial scrub. Rinse your face with warm water to remove honey scrub.
5. Daily facial cleanser: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little milk powder into the palm of your hand. Apply on your face to clean away dirt and makeup and then rinse with warm water.
6. Shiny Hair: To add some shine to your hair, mix 1 teaspoon of honey, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and 1 quart of warm water. Shampoo your hair as usual and then pour the honey mixture on your hair. Allow your hair to dry as normal. You do not have to rinse out the honey mixture.
7. Hair conditioner: For healthy hair and scalp, combine ½ cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saturate your hair with the honey mixture, put on a shower cap and allow it to remain on hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse your hair as you normally do.
8. Skin toner: To firm, smooth, and moisturize your skin, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with 1 tablespoon of honey in a blender. Pulse honey mixture until smooth. Gently apply honey mixture on face and allow it to remain for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the honey mixture.
With the above beauty tips, you can create affordable spa-like products at home. Honey is a wonderful beauty product because it contains naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Be sure your honey is all natural by purchasing only 100% pure honey to create your beauty products.
Quick and easy at-home honey facials and other treatments is the all-natural beauty secret of some of Hollywood's most famous faces. Try Caruso's Honey to make your own facial at home.